Here are some tips from the Save Your Photos Month website to help you get started
- Create an album (or digital folder) for each of your children
- Make discs/ jump drives of favorite photos to share with family
- Find five photos to frame and display for you to see every day
- Scan/ have scanned photos and slides for digital preservation
- Call a family member for the history behind an unknown photo
- Create a reminder in your phone to monthly back-up new photos
- Get your photos in the cloud!
- Sort through one folder and organize the chaos
- Set a goal and write it down. For example, I want to give each of my
adult children their childhood photos as a gift.
- Sit with an older family member and ask them to tell you about their
- Each week delete the unwanted photos from your mobile phone
Locate your home movies and have them digitized.
For more information about Save Your Photos Month,